Andy Murray beats Taylor Dent at US Open 2009



Andy Murray loves New York, even if the feeling wasn?t exactly mutual Sunday night at the U.S. Open.

Murray had to play the role of the bad guy, ending American wild-card entry Taylor Dent?s improbable run with a 6-3, 6-2, 6-2 victory in the third round at Flushing Meadows.

?Obviously the crowd wanted Taylor to win,? Murray said, ?but I played very well.?

The No. 2-seeded Murray is trying to become the first British man since the 1930s to win a Grand Slam singles title. The 195th-ranked Dent of Newport Beach, Calif.,

meanwhile, was thrilled to return to the U.S. Open for the first time since 2005?and even more pleased to win two matches.

Dent once was ranked as high as 21st, but he was told by doctors he might not be able to play professional tennis again after having three back operations.

?It?s nothing but positive for me. This is a huge step forward in my progression,? Dent said. ?I?m glad to be back, but I?m sorry I?m not sticking around.?

Read More on Source



0 comments: